25th September - 2 October 2020
8 day fly / drive
The major highlight of the tour is the Toowoomba Festival, this year celebrating its 71st anniversary. We will experience the unmistakable magic of spring as Toowoomba blossoms into a ten day celebration of flowers, food and wine. We will take in the superb public parks - Queens Park, Laurel Bank Park, Picnic Point, The State Rose Garden and Japanese Gardens along with the private gardens involved in the competition.
O’Reilly’s Guest House in Lamington National Park remains one of our most iconic destinations and the World Heritage listed rainforest surrounding it is home to a spectacular array of birds, including many that are highly prized by birdwatchers. In addition the nearby eucalypt forest holds a number of interesting species that won’t venture into the rainforest habitat. We will have time to enjoy the bushwalks as well as the abundant bird life during our 2 night stay.
Our journey to Grafton will take us over roads less travelled through the Border Ranges National Park and the towns of Kyogle and Casino. Grafton is located on the banks of the Clarence River and is a gracious rural city characterised by wide streets and elegant Victorian buildings. The fertile river flats are used for dairying, sugar cane and mixed farming.
Port Macquarie is a thriving coastal city sitting at the mouth of the beautiful Hastings River. We will explore its stunning coastline, taking in Flynns Beach, Shelley Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Lake Cathie and Bonny Hills on our way to Laurieton & Dunbogan.
Our return to Sydney from Port Macquarie will see us divert on to the picturesque lakes Way. Our cruise on the delightful Wallis lake is always a highlight and if conditions permit, we will cross the bar and search for more bottle nosed dolphins that are a common sight along the Forster beachfront and hopefully see some whales.
Other features include:
* Brisbane City sights tour
* Brisbane Cultural Precinct and Southbank
* Lamington National Park & O’Reilly’s
* Wine tasting at O’Reilly’s Vineyard
* Guided tour of Toowoomba
* Toowoomba’s Public & Private Gardens
* Cobb & Co Museum
* Border Ranges National Park
* Kyogle and Casino
* Bellingen Arts & Crafts
* Coffs Harbour
* Nambucca Heads and Urunga
* Port Macquarie
* Koala Hospital & Cassegrain Winery
* Dooralong National Park and North Brother Mountain Lookout
* Forster & the Great Lakes
Accommodation is at:
* O’Reilly’s Rainforest Resort, Lamington Nat Park 2 nights 07 5502 4900
* Comfort Inn Grammar View, Toowoomba 2 nights 07 4638 3366
* Quality Inn, Grafton 1 night 6640 9100
* Waters Edge, Port Macquarie 2 nights 6583 2955
Cost per person is $2,395.00 which includes home pick ups and returns (within our region), 7 dinners, 7 full cooked breakfasts, 6 lunches and Sydney-Brisbane airfare. Single supplement is $590.00.