8th - 14th November 2020
7 day fly / fly tour
King Island reflects the many moods of Bass Strait from wild and windswept to calm and tranquil, with its isolation contributing to its enormous charm. Our tour will showcase the island’s attractions as well as allowing time to appreciate its unique beauty – life for the 1,700 locals of King Island certainly moves at a relaxed pace. The Island has a rich history with the treacherous waters of Bass Strait claiming over 100 ships and the maritime trail will reveal many of the fascinating stories that have unfolded around the Island.
King Island has also gained a reputation as a gourmet’s delight producing the freshest of seafood, prime beef and award winning cheeses and wines. We will have the opportunity to sample the local catch and produce and also see why the island has become a mecca for surfers, divers, anglers, bird watchers, wildlife enthusiasts and beachcombers!
The island has several large nature reserves and is home to over 85 species of birds (including some of our rarest), platypus, Bennetts & Rufous wallabies, echidnas, southern potoroo, swamp antechinus and eastern pygmy possum. The surrounding waters team with fish which attract Australian fur seals, southern elephant seals, leopard seals, southern right whales and dolphins.
Melbourne is a vibrant city year round and especially so in Spring and we will take in many of our Southern Capital’s highlights. We will also visit Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula on our way to Torquay. The “City of Sails” has a delightful waterfront precinct and a rich history and prosperity dating back to the Gold Rush Era.
The Great Ocean Road, snaking its way around 250 kilometres of the Southern Victorian Coast, offers some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable. Huge cliffs, roaring seas, rainforest hinterlands, the sculptured majesty of The Twelve Apostles and delightful coastal villages line our route from Torquay to Port Campbell. The Great Ocean Road is one of Australia’s icons with breathtaking scenery at every turn.
Highlights of this tour include:-
- Melbourne city sights including Federation Square, Victorian Gallery, Botanic Gardens, South Bank, St Kilda and Albert Park, Port Phillip Bay and City Circle Tram
- Dinner at Lygon Street
- Werribee Park and State Rose Garden
- Geelong Art Gallery
- Eastern Beach and Corio Bay
- Ocean Grove & Barwon Heads
- Torquay, Bells Beach, Lorne & Apollo Bay
- Ottway Ranges National Park
- Great Ocean Road National Park, 12 Apostles and Port Campbell
- Loch Ard Gorge, London Bridge and Bay of Islands
- Extensive touring on King Island including King Island Dairy, Cape Wickham Lighthouse, Penny’s Lagoon, Martha Lavinia Beach, Grassy & Naracoopa, Kelp Factory, Currie Museum & Lighthouse, Yellow Rock River and Sea Elephant Bay
Our accommodation for this tour is:-
* 1 night - Best Western Travel Inn, Carlton 4 Star 03 9347 7922
* 2 nights - Peppers The Sands Resort 4 Star 03 5264 3333
* 3 nights - Boomerang By the Sea, King Island 3.5 Star 03 6462 1288
Cost per person is $3,095.00 including deluxe accommodation, all admissions, 6 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners and 7 lunches, return airfares Melbourne / King Island and Sydney / Melbourne. Single supplement is $585.00.